As we are now well into April it is definitely time to jump our sun protection measures into high gear. Sun protective clothing is the best friend of sun screen. It can be difficult to apply sun screen to wiggly children and not always easy to apply it liberally enough. Sun screen and sun protective clothing should be a daily habit as the sun shines brightly.
Follow the tips below to protect your children’s skin:
- Apply a broad spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 or greater
- Try natural sunscreens over chemical forms for children with sensitive skin
- Remember to reapply sunscreen after 2 hours and reapply after getting wet
- Play in the shade as often as possible
- Cover up with clothing that covers arms and legs, hats and sun glasses
-Seek the shade from 10am to 2pm